There are always new Instagram tips, tricks, and trends to stay on top of. It can get a little out of control, especially when you’re trying to run a business and keep your social media up to date on the side. To make it easier on you, we’ve compiled a list of some of the basic Do’s and Don’ts of Instagram.
- Don’t Pay for Followers. They do not offer quality engagement on your page (if any engagement at all) and they will eventually disappear.
- Don’t post irregularly. To stay top of mind, post on a consistent basis.
- Tip: Create your content in advance and schedule your posts on social media scheduling tools like Hootsuite or Loomy.
- Don’t ignore your fans. If they’re talking to you, start a conversation and comment back!
- Engage with your target audience in an authentic way. Doing so will increase your following with people that matter.
- Post high-quality, relevant imagery.
- Natural Light will be your best friend
- Watch for shadows
- Use the right tools (Adobe Lightroom)
- Make sure your content is something your audience wants to see
- Pay attention to analytics. Instagram offers analytics on business accounts so if you haven’t already converted your account to a business profile be sure to do that now.
- Add Hashtags. This will help your content be visible to your target audience on discovery pages.
- Don’t leave your Instagram bio blank. Tell your audience about your business, brand or who you are.
- Lazy captions aren’t going to attract people to your posts. Be creative and think before you post.
- Why sit on the sidelines when you can interact with people more freely. Message your followers, comment on their posts or respond to their comments.
Social media can be challenging to get results from. It’s definitely not something that happens overnight, and for some businesses, it may take months. Don’t give up. Try using these tips and continue learning about the topic. Consider reading more blogs, books, or even taking an online class.
If you’re thinking to yourself, “I really don’t’ have time to spend on social media”. That’s okay! We’re here to help. Book a call with the CEO, Ashlee, to discuss our social media packages.